Friday, April 30, 2010

Day 58......0 miles, the end


As I sit on the airplane from Jacksonville to Philadelphia, I can’t help but review the last 58 days.

I can’t believe it’s over. I’ve left the biking bubble and am on my way home again (albeit via Philadelphia) and the real world. I’m not sure life will ever be the same…..

It was with a tinge of sadness that I watch my Jamis Coda being lifted to the top of the van today for transport to the shop for packing and shipping…..as I walked the streets of Old Town St. Augustine, I missed my bike, I really did. Now I’m wondering how I’ll make it until it arrives in Phoenix

I owe a debt of gratitude to many people for making this journey possible. First and foremost my wonderful husband Paul, who is the one who encouraged my final decision to commit and embark on this awesome task……..

To family, my sisters, the one who rode with me every day, and the one who supported from afar, logging many hours travelling back and forth from AZ to PA to support dad in the care of my mother while we were on the road, to brothers who supported with prayers and encouraging emails and phone calls…….

To LaVerne and the “Ladies” and the Saturday rides that started the process of getting me in shape and teaching me the rules of the road. To Charlie and the Sunday riders, that helped me further hone my riding skills ……….

To all those who believed in my cause for Connecting to Serve and spoke loudly through their generous donations…..

And finally to the incredible 24 women that were there every day on the ride, each one made a difference in my life and made this journey possible. The laughter, the tears, the riding encouragement, the support, the drinks, and the cheesecake…..

Since the arrival at the Atlantic Ocean many people have asked if this was a life changing experience or how my life will be different. I’ve finally come up with an answer……. Ask me next year, after I’ve been out of the biking bubble a bit longer and maybe I’ll have an answer

So here we are at the end of the blogging experience, thanks for reading my daily posts, and perhaps I’ll see you out of the bubble…..

1 comment:

  1. wow, Lady, you look great, This is a life changing journey that we all have enjoyed sharing and following from the words on a page..The real word will never be the same,

    I so proud of you

    ReplyDelete