Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 44 ...... Bogalusa, LA to Wiggins, MS 60 Miles

Welcome to Mississippi.....we left the hotel this morning and 5 miles later we crossed the Pearl River and into Mississippi...another great day of riding.  Blue sky, big sun, light breeze....I feel like a broken record.  We have been so blessed by the weather....just perfect.  It's a bit more humid than I would like but.....I'll live, (I hope).

Unfortunately we had to say goodbye today to one of our members, Patti Hall, her mother passed away last night, so she's on a plane back home....hoping to join us again in Pensacola, FL to finish the ride.  I must say it hit a bit close to home for me, knowing that it could have possibly been me on a plane.  I continue to hope and pray that I will see my mother again on May 1st....heading there from Jacksonville, FL before heading home to Arizona.

The ride today was one of those perfect days...the weather cooperated, the terrain was rolling hills, so I guess we're in the hill country of MS...but they were perfect rollers, just enough down to get you up the other side.

Again, green fields, azaleas, cows, horses, and yes, the dogs.  We were told that Louisana was the home of the yard dog.....well, in my experience, it's Mississippi, we were chased today by at least 8 dogs, some big, some small, but in the end they all went home....

No comments:

Post a Comment