Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day 45......Wiggins, MS to Pascagula, MS 67 miles

Now I know I am starting to sound like a broken record.....a beautiful ride today, blue sky, bright sun, light breeze.....more of Mississippi....green fields, great road sufaces, not to much trash in the ditches.  Cows, horses, pigs, donkeys.......lots of rural animals.  And of course the dogs.....we had one follow us about a half of  a mile before we could get it to turn around and head home.  We also rode through the Desoto National Forest, tall pines and gentle rolling hills.

The ride today was fast as well, a personal best for me....an average speed of 14.48, I am continuing to get stronger......

We crossed the causeway, then the Singing River, and here we are in Pascagula, on the beautiful gulf coast.

It is so hard to image that our time of travel through this great country is almost over....two weeks from tomorrow I'll be home in AZ.

I think it will be strange to wake up in the morning and not have to pack a suitcase, and carry it out.....to not have a cue sheet that tells you excactly where to turn and when...and then there's that cooking thing....we have wonderful meals prepared by our own chef....while I love my friends and family, there will be a down side to going home....

Looking forward to crossing another border tomorrow...Alabama here we come!  We've heard rumor that we may not have internet service on Dauphin Island, so perhpas no post tomorrow night, but don't worry, I'll catch up!

No comments:

Post a Comment