Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day 29 and 30 Days of Rest (SIT)*

Our stay at Foxfire Cabins in Vanderpool was a lovely respite and refreshing. On Thursday we were headed from Vanderpool to Kerrville to the YO Ranch Resort for our formal day off. I decided to hop the van today and be driven to the next stop rather than pedal. I decided that I needed 2 days of rest......we're now at the half way point in the ride....so I thought two days of rest would be better than one. When I arrived in Kerrville, I was treated to the surprise of a lifetime, there in the parking lot was my fabulous husband of 27 years, Paul. Needless to say I was shocked and still can't believe that he drove all the way from Phoenix to Kerrville, TX (13 hours) to surprise me and to spend the day off with me. What a treat.

So, on Friday, day 30 of our tour, we did the "day off" tasks.....shopping at Walgreens for toothpaste, and lotion and all that exciting stuff...shopping for some warm weather clothes, picking up my bike from the bike shop (new tires and rear brakes) just those usual Good Friday shopping tasks.....

A few days I will never forget.....

No blogging.....just R&R

*Still in Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment