Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 49 ......... Pensacola, FL to Crestview, FL 69 Miles

The 69 miles to Crestview were filled with fabulous road surfaces and beautiful rolling hills....so I guess we are now in the Florida hill country.....the same broken record....big blue sky, bright sun, breezes.....

I had a great ride....stonger on the hills than I would have ever dreamed 2 months ago....even with climbing my average speed was over 14....I continue to be amazed....

I got in to the hotel around a quarter to two.....don't think I've ever gotten in that early on a 69 mile day.  I had time to do laundry, sit by the pool, call my dad, call my fabulous sister in AZ and catch up on some email......

My thoughts today were in two categories......one, tomorrow is a 94 mile day, and I really want to complete...I've done 111 so, I should be able to do 94 right? 

The second focus of my thoughts were about the fact that the trip is coming to a close.  We have dubbed our situation as being in the "riding bubble".  We're all not sure how we will react to life outside the "bubble".  Our co-rider, Patti Hall, who had to leave the tour for a couple of days for her mother's funeral, joined us again yesterday...she confirmed our fears....life is different outside the bubble. 

As usual, snug in bed...excited about tomorrow......

No comments:

Post a Comment