Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day 42 ........ St. Francisville to Hammond, LA 87 Miles

This morning we left our place of rest and relaxation and continued our journey East to Hammond, LA.  For the first 15 miles or so we were in Louisana hill country, who knew that Lousiana had hills.  Well, truth be told, there would be no comparison to the Texas hill country, it was really more like bumps.  It did add interest to the road.....more green forests, azaleas.....just beautiful....

I really don't know what happened after 15 miles, because I jumped in the van....it just wasn'd my day.  I rode strong for the last three 80+ mile days before the rest day, but today, I just couldn't pull it out.  So, I took the chance and hitched a ride.

A quiet afternoon in the hotel room, was just what I needed.  Looking forward to tomorrow, our last riding day in Louisiana, then it's off to Mississippi......

Here's the photo of us leaving the St. Francisville Inn this morning....

No comments:

Post a Comment