Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 32 ....... 93 miles to Bastrop (SIT)*

When we woke this morning, there was rain.....wow! We have been incredibly lucky, we have not seen rain since day 4 on the way from Jacumba to Brawley, CA, that's 28 days without rain (on a riding day, we did have rain in Kerrvill on the day off). So we put on our rain gear and headed out for a 93 mile ride.

Luckily, the rain was really more like heavy mist or spitting, not sure that if we had been in a car we would have needed the windshied wipers full time. After 10 miles, the rain gear had to come off, because it was to warm, we decided that we would deal with the wet, to be cooler.

The rain soon stopped, but the day remained overcast and cloudy, but for that I was thankfull, with full sun and humidity, I would have been dragging. The terain was gentle rollers, now this is what I would define as "Hill Country" these were really hills, not mountains....the only problem was that the "down" just didn't quite carry you up the next "up". But all in all very enjoyable. I was concerned this morning, knowing that 65 miles did me in yesterday, but as so often happens, the strength comes from somewhere, and I just keep pedaling.....

So here I am, snug in bed...looking forward to 41 miles tomorrow....

*Still in Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment