Friday, April 23, 2010

Day 51 Marianna, FL to Quincy, FL 54 Miles.....HOT

When we woke this morning our hotel was enveloped in fog....dangerous for biking...so we had to wait until after 8:00am to leave, till the fog lifted....and after that as usual the sun came out, the sky was blue....but then it got hot.

The ride was 54 miles, after a 94 mile day that might not seem like much, but the hills, the heat, and 94 miles the day before it was a stuggle.

I"m also struggling with knowing that the end of the tour is coming, it's like a cloud has decended....real world is next, and I'm not sure I"m ready for it.  The mornings are tough, it's like I don't think I can do another mile.  After I get on the bike and ride for the next few days...it will all be over, 2 months of riding, a different hotel every night, eating dinner sitting on white resin chairs in parking lots....all across America......

As always, snug in bed, looking forward to tomorrw, 39 miles to Wakullah Springs and our last day off....

No comments:

Post a Comment