Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day 39 ........... Rice....Sugar Cane......Dogs......

We're definitely in Louisiana.....our route today was from Lake Charles to Lafayett, LA......the given route was 83 miles.....my meter registered a bit more after a wrong turn and a bit of being lost, but I eventually found my way and arrived to the Ramada Inn with the rest of the group.......

The morning was beautiful, blue skies, sun shinning, cool breezes and FLAT, my favorite terrain.  We passed fields and fields of rice, I also saw some sugar cane fields and lots of water.  Thankfully while the day was warm, the humidity was not to bad.  This was the second day in a row of over 80 miles, and we have yet another one tomorrow.  I got through these two, but tired and hurting a bit, I hope I can get through tomorrow!!

Lousiana is the land of "yard dogs" as our guides call them.  There is really a dog in every yard.  Many are behind fences or tied, or very well behaved and stay in their yards even as we bike by...but today, one stubborn little terrier (with 3 legs I might add) decided he was going to follow me, barking (yipping really) he just kept at it for about 1/4 of a mile, I paid him no attention and he finally gave up.

Tomorrow we head for St. Francisville, again 80+ miles and a day of rest!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda, This is Ina Sue(LMH classmate)
    Debbie Gibson sent me your link. I've really been enjoying reading your entries on your blog spot and following your progress. You go girl! :)I'll live vicariously through your blog.

    Lesson to learn: Don't give up, even if you're short 1 leg. :)It's those little 3-legged dogs that sure have persistence! But 1/4 of a mile to chase with all the yipping must have gotten old--!!
    Ina Sue

    ReplyDelete