Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day 36 ........... Wow! (SIT)

Today was my day!  I turned right out of the hotel parking lot this morning and never looked back.  I'm not sure where the strenght came from, but from somewhere deep in side I pulled it out and rode faster and harder than ever before.  I doubt the engergy came from the pizza last night for dinner, or the hamburger and fries for lunch yesterday....but it was there!

I don't really have any stats but I arrived at the hotel at 1:00pm, that's not really meaningful since I don't know when I left Navasota (perhaps around 7:30am?) If thats the case, I rode 75 miles in 5.5 hours, definitly a record for me.

My burst of energy did have a down side.  I broke the cardinal rule of group riding, I left my sis and our riding buddy Coop' in the dust.  I do feel bad about that, and I promise I won't do it again.  There is comfort in riding together.  So, I did spend most of the day by myselft.  It was a welcome reprieve.  I spent some of the time reminiscing about my parents and my youth.  My mother is failing in health, I was thinking about all the good times at home, and how blessed I have been to have such wonderful parents.  I'm hoping that I get to see her again at the end of my adventure.

My burst of energy did help make the ride go fast, but a beautiful spring day, blue skies, bright sunshine and a tailwind also helped.  The rolling green hills and pine forests were a welcome site,  accentuated by random patches of wild flowers. 

This day will be remembered, Navasota to Clevland, TX 75 miles.

*Still in Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment