Saturday, April 10, 2010

Day 37 ......... Last day in Texas

Cleveland, TX to Silsbee, TX, 64 Miles.  The scenery in TX now is ever changing, more and more green, pine trees, farm fields, and cows.  I've never really thought about safety until today.  We are in logging territory.  Local two lane roads, no shoulders,  with 18 wheelers flying by loaded with logs....usually not a problem until two logging trucks meet going opposite directions, exactly at the same location where you and your bike are; that's a problem, who's gonna give.  Well, since I'm typing my blog, you know I was the one that moved....off onto a grassy area, remained upright and continued pedaling....

We were agrain treated to a breezy, cloudy day.....we like that, the breeze keeps us cool and the clouds keep the sun from beating down on us to hard......

This is our last day of riding in TX and our last night in TX....I will be so glad to get on to Louisiana

No comments:

Post a Comment