Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 31 .......... to Blanco and beyond


I said good-bye to Paul this morning, got back on that tiny seat, and continued to pedal. Our task for the day was Kerrville to Blanco (yes, still in Texas) 65 miles. That seemed inocuous enough....the first 30 miles flew by, good road surface, nice and smooth, some climbing, but managable. Well, did I mention that it was 65 miles, so, after 30 there was another 35 to come....they were of a different ilk. We had rough road and climbing and did I mention heat, that's not so bad, I can handle heat, but the humidity.....yuk. It was bad.

There was one highlight of the day and that was a town named Sisterdale. Riding on this journey with my sister is great, but it would be better and more complete if the third sister were here with us. Sisters in Sisterdale, what could be better!

When we rolled into Blanco at 4:00pm I was spent, just spent. I could barely stay awake for dinner and our map meeting, were we learned that the next day's ride was 90+ miles....I was snug in bed by 8:30 and therefor no blogging...sorry not to keep you all updated, but I was tired....after 85 miles, what will 93 for tommorrow bring.....

No comments:

Post a Comment