Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day 56 ......High Springs, FL to Palatka, FL

Wow what a day.....73 miles....the rain cooled things off last evening, so glad it waited until we were finished with dinner....this morning, it was cool, and bright, and yes, that big ol' blue sky was there and that bright yellow sun...all ready for our last major ride before hitting the beach at St. Augustine tomorrow.

In so many ways it seems like we just started yesterday, then in other ways it seems like we've been at this forever.  It will feel pretty strange to get back to regular life out of the biking bubble....plastic chairs in parking lots, dinner on our laps (scrumptious food I might add) and always having someone around to laugh with.

We got teary-eyed at dinner tonight, our last one in true tour fashion in the parking lot.....as we each shared our favorite part of the tour...mine of course was happy hour.....and the increase in my personal biking skills.  I have each member of the tour to thank for that.  Each in their own way has helped me increase my skills...for that I am grateful.

I've also grown as a person, and have learned that I can accomplish what I've set out to do.  I look forward to going home.....

Eagerly looking forward to tomorrow and the Atlantic Ocean!

1 comment:

  1. YOU GO GIRL !!!! I'VE SURE ENJOYED FOLLOWING YOUR RIDE >CAN"T BELIEVE ITS OVER! WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT!
    HUGS AND PRAYERS,
    ELSIE BEILER

    ReplyDelete