Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Packing......checking the bike......getting nervous



Well, today's the day to head to San Diego....Paul and I decided to go over a day early for a bit of R&R.....

I'm ready to just get on the road already....this waiting is killing me a bit. The packing is challenging too....we're held to 50 lbs...One suitcase....so I'll be seeing alot of the SAME clothes over and over again.....

The send-off party was great, I'm trying my had a posting some photos...one of me pontificating from a chair...and one of the fabulous bike that will carry me across the country......thanks to Jim Jochim for the photos....

5 comments:

  1. You are in for the adventure of your life. I Rode my bike across the country (Seattle to Boston) about 7 years ago, and it was a physically, mentally, and spiritually challenging trip. Best of Luck to you and all the people that you are riding with. I can't wait to follow your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you plenty of tailwinds and clear skies. As I approach the one-year anniversary of my 2009 Southern Tier ride with WomanTours I miss every woman who shared the journey so very much. I hope your trip will be as fulfilling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Linda,

    Just wanted to take a minute to say how super proud I am of you!!! I truly can't even comprehend what you and mom are doing but I can't wait to see you cross the finish line!! That will be thrilling!!! Enjoy the ride! It will be the ride of a lifetime!! I am glad that you get to do it as sisters!! I love you with all of my heart! Your niece, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, am a Southern Tier veteran (2007) and my husband arrived in San Diego today. He and a group of 7 will begin a self-supported trip on Sunday so they will be a few days behind you, though they might cross you at some point!! If the snow in the mountains comes to pass, they may delay a day. Hope your first few days are good. The weather looks, well, not so hot!!! Linda cooked for us on the Northwest Loop in August, 2009. You will not be hungry!!! Good luck and ride safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so proud of you Linda, I can remember the first day you came and road with the ladies and you told me about your journey with such a com voice and unbelief, and now look at you you are already gone in mind and spirit, your entire self has changed all I can say is WOW.
    you are my inspiration.
    May the wind stay on your back and the sun over head.

    ReplyDelete