Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day 10.........upward to Globe

Today was the toughest ride yet, Gold Canyon to Glob, AZ, even moreso than the climb out of San Diego. When I got the adventure cycling maps a few months ago, I showed them to my friend Charlie, and he said that the ride to Globe would be tougher than the inital climbs. Well, he was right. It was a very tough day, not only were there 7% grades for miles and miles, and a tunnel, and beautiful red rocks, there was no shoulder at times and steep drop offs. But I persevered. I rode every inch when others including my sister, chose to hop in the SAG for a few miles. I will admit I was determined to do it, I pulled down deep within and somehow completed the task. I'm not sure what tomorrow will bring...not sure my legs will take another day......while it was a comparably short day, my meter read 50 miles, it was hard.

So as usual, here I am, snug in my bed, dreaming of tomorrow and hoping it's easy!

3 comments:

  1. Thats great, I saw this on a friends status: "only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go"

    reminds me of you..
    You rock Lady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda,
    You are amazing!!!! I am reminded of the poem by Emily Dickinson, "You Never Know How High You Are". You have always been my hero dear friend! You are in our prayers. Keep on pedalin'!!!
    Love,
    Marji

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never cease to amaze me. Reminds me of the day we did the towers; while I had to stop to take in the view. You kept a slow & steady pace. You were my example. Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete