Friday, March 12, 2010

Day 8....back in the valley

As we left from Wickenburg this morning, I anticipated a short easy ride...I had been looking at the elevation maps from Adventure Cycling and assumed a quick down hill ride...boy was I wrong...instead of a straight shot down route 60, we took 74 past Lake Pleasant and then the Carefree Highway....absolutely beautiful views of the greatest state however, lots more climbing than I had anticipated....

Then a stop at a bike shop to get some adjustments and repairs and an proactive change of back tire after observing a slow leak....so a much later arrival at the the hotel...but a shower and a quick clean up...and then my Friends from the neighborhood stopped by and we had a dinner out.....the food and fellowship was great, but the service was terrible...it was good to see my fabulous husband and friends from the 'hood

Today as I was pedaling along, I was thinking about all those early Friday, Saturday, and Sunday rides over the last year, climbing 5th Ave, 17th Ave, 9 mile hill and remembering how I would dream of other roads, roads from San Diego to St. Augustine...and now I'm on those roads. I week down, 7 to go. There are times when I question whether I can make it...and then other days I feel strong and know that I will...

Wonder what tomorrow will bring.....

1 comment:

  1. Remember the road is always flat 6 inches ahead. and all things are doable at your own pace. Take care Lady

    ReplyDelete