Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 12......LInda takes a day off....

After the grueling ride to Globe, then dealing with the head winds yesterday, and waking with a sore throat....I decided to take a day off and ride in the van.

As I was laying in bed at 5 AM struggling to swallow, and made the decision not to ride, I felt confidend of my decision and packed and dressed accordinging. Then, at 6:45 as the rest of the women were packing their snacks and pumping their tires, I was suddenly jealous, and wavered on my decision.

Riding in the van we experienced blue sky and were treated to fields of wildflowers and yucca's galore. We could not feel the 20 - 30 mph winds.....after we arrived at our hotel in Lordsburg, NM and realized that only 4 of 23 women completed the 75 mile ride, all strugling for hours, some as many as 10 hours fighting with headwinds, I was glad that I sat the day out.

We celebrated at dinner as usual, we have one more state behind us (AZ) and are now experienceing New Mexico. Our toughest climbing days are ahead, I hear rumor that tomorrow will be tough. I'll be ready. I had a great day of rest, napped all afternoon, and this evening, feel much better. So, I'll be out there with the rest of them tomorrow....

As usual, snug in bed ready for lights out!

1 comment: