Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 18 ................ tail wind!

We left Fort Hancock at the crack of dawn....a long day (76 miles) and crossing into Central Time thus losing and hour made me nervous to say the least. We were welcomed by a cool morning, cycling past more farm fields and the ever present border patrol.

We were also treated to what they call "Texas chip seal" roads. It's kinda like pedaling with your rear brakes rubbing and a low back tire. It's hard work. However, despite the chip seal and some climbing, and losing and hour, we did make good time; thanks to a beautiful tail wind......

We also rode on I 10 for a few miles, a bit nerve racking with tractor trailers whizzing by, but it was a nice change from the chip seal....

I've been thinking about what I wanted to accomplish on this ride...it suddenly occurred to me that we are on day 18, and I've have no monumental life changing experiences. But then again, every day is new and each one is a new experience. I guess I was expecting some soul searching or epiphany.

One thing I do know, I set out to accomplish a task, and as for Day 18, it looks like I will do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment