Saturday, March 13, 2010

Day 9.....riding with "The Ladies"

Today was a special day on two fronts. First, we left the hotel and started the ride following our cue sheets; after about 17 miles it all looked familiar and I was back riding with "The Ladies" on Invergordon, Mockingbird, and 68th St. I remembered riding those very streets as a newbie, getting my first flat, learning the ropes. Never dreaming that on a day in the not to distant future I would be riding those same roads "across America". It's amazing what can happen in a year.

The treat came, meeting "The Ladies" at the intersection of McDonald and Hayden, there they were, all 25 of them! What a treat to ride with them for a wee bit through the greenbelt to our Woman Tours SAG stop at Jack Rabbit and Hayden. There were hugs and kisses all around. Thanks team for coming out.....it was great to see you all again, I look forward to the day that we can ride, have bagels and just catch up on the adventure.

After our good-byes, we trekked on down the road, crossing and traversing many familiar streets to the far East valley and Gold Canyon where the second treat of the day awaited. This was family night, so not only did I get to see my husband again, but my sister as well. Times with sisters are always great. So, now I've said good-bye all over again, and am feeling a bit blue. The wide expanse of the USA awaits, but leaving family and loved ones is always sad.

Tomorrow another phase of the adventure starts. No more looking forward to home and familiar territory....not to mention a huge climb to the mining town of Globe, AZ. Hope it doesn't snow.

Snug in bed again, ready to rest up for the journey ahead!

1 comment:

  1. It was great seeing you, I felt a bit sad once we parted. I wanted to go with but Isaw some of the Ladies crossing Indian school on Hayden and gave them a hoot, You looked great Lady so full of Life. Keep the rubber side down :)

    ReplyDelete