Friday, March 19, 2010

Day 15 ......... snow!

What a day, we left Silver City in 37 degree temperatures.....brrrrrr.....and then we headed up...the views were spectacular, but didn't make up for the climbing. I did take some photos but have not had a chance to download, so I'll try to post them later.

This was the day that my big sis got her groove back. She headed out and up and left me in the dust. This is the day that I began to question if maybe I've already given all I have. I felt stong last week, this week not so strong..... I did the total ride, 48 miles, ok, that's not many but they were mostly all up.....

When we arrived at Emory Pass, the snow began to come in flurries....then we headed down an 8 mile hill to the town of Kingston (population 30) to the Black Range Lodge. On the decent the snow came in big splat flakes and splatted on my glasses, then it turned to rain...and it was cold.....

I heard rumor of a 80 mile ride tomorrow....oy....

2 comments:

  1. The elevation is pretty high over there and those are some crazy hills! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you got me beat, riding in the snow and rain, you are awesome. Tell Lois, congrats on a great climb.

    ReplyDelete