Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day 13 ......the continental divide


The winds continued today....as we saw the cue sheet at our map meeting we noticed that today's ride was only 47 miles. By now we know that means climbing, and that we did...up, up, up (a total of 3,900 ft) and there it was a small side that said "continental divide". It did appear that we were at the top of the world. We did pause long enough to take a photo...then started our treat down hill.....

So, not only did we have winds we had climbing, it was another tough day. I thought that after my day of rest that my legs would be strong and I would climb as well as in the past. That did not happen.

We passed huge mining operations and tumble weeds and that was about it. I must say I am ready for different scenery.....

As usual, snug in bed, looking forward to a day off tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Awww... that sign looks so familiar! I think you are in my home town of Silver City, NM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do some streaching before bed and when you get up, That will help alot with the latic build up. you are doing Great.

    ReplyDelete