Monday, February 1, 2010

32 days and counting.....from the age of 50

Today I joined the ranks of 50 year olds. There's a big coffee mug sitting on my desk that shouts "the big 50" that has been passed around my family for more than a decade, and it finally reached my hands. I'm the last sibling that will receive it....this is a momentous day for me...

I'll admit that long go the age of 50 seemed ancient. Now, 75 seems young....as I work towards this trek across the country, I'll be trekking forward in a new chapter, post 50. I have to say it's a good feeling. I think 50 is a great age.....experience is the best teacher. I view life far differently now than I did in my 20's, 30's, and 40's. Age is a great stabilizer. I'm calmer now, there are less emergencies, things can wait...ok, so this is a bit philosophical...I do need to get working, there are things to do, like packing lists to create, training rides to take....and of course just overall trip preparedness....more on biking later....

No comments:

Post a Comment