Saturday, February 13, 2010

Pride goeth before destruction.......

Some of you may recognize the title from the bible, the book of Proverbs I think..it describes my day......I head out to The Ladies ride today, excited to be going around south mountain again, it's a relatively flat ride, but long (60) miles.....I'm thinking wow, this will be a great training day, just like the cross country ride, 60 miles.....

When we got to the first SAG stop after 22 miles, I checked my meter, I had averaged 16.7 mph and my average cadence was 90....WOW, was I full of myself. As I headed out to the second SAG stop 20 miles later I was drafting my blog in my head so that I could tell everyone what a great ride I had....suddenly "pride goeth before destruction" pops in my head, and I smile to myself, thinking ok, I probably can't hold this forever, but I feel good, let's try to keep it up....

Well, needless to say....I ended the day 60 miles, with an average of 13.7 MPH and average cadance of 70...and one very sore posterior...so very humbled by the whole experience...think I read somewhere that tomorrow's ride is 50+ miles with lots of hills....oy.....

No comments:

Post a Comment