Monday, February 15, 2010

Ouch! 17 days to go......

I hurt, I'm sore in every nook and crany......Sunday's ride was the most spectacular ever, but it was hard. We left from East Mesa and rode to Tortilla Flats (name not descriptive of journey). The vews were specacular and so were the climbing elevations. I can't even begin to describe how challenging the ride was. And after riding by canyon lake and seeing the beauty, I was somehwat revived but....my legs still hurt.....

I however, did learn a few things, getting off your bike during a tough climb, even for 30 seconds to blow your nose........can revive you and give you new strength......getting off your bike to call the sag vehicle and discovering there is no cell service, can revive you....and most important it doesn't kill you to ride a bit in Sag.

The day began with a very tough head wind. The first 10 miles of our jorney was on relatively flat Brown Road, however, it was so windy I could barely hold 11 MPH, I was frustrated, and freeking out a bit.....keep in mind the day before I had no trouble holding 17 MPH on the flats in a bit of a wind. When it was time to start the climb, (appoximately 17 miles) I just thought one more turn, and I'll call for the Sag, then I'd get that little downhill thrill, look at the next hill and think, one more hill and I'll call for the Sag,....and so it went for a while, then I got to a sign that said 2 miles to Tortilla Flats, and I thought, that's it, I just cannot make it, so I tried to call for the Sag, alas, no cell service, so I just kept pedaling...and finally there they were, the rest of the Team and the Sag. Needles to say I rode in the Sag, back 17 miles...the pedaled the last 10 back to town, and with wind on your back, it's amazing how fast you can go!!

17 days to go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment