Sunday, February 21, 2010

I have a new rain jacket.....so of course it rained!

Well, I finally got my chance to ride in the rain....I suppose it's just because I finally go a new rain jackt for the big adventure, and thought I should try it out on Saturday for the fit etc...well, it must have been a sign or something, after we were about 17 miles out, the heavens opened up and it began to rain....so I just took it easy in the beginning watching as my new shoes, my wonderful bike, my gloves, and me got just soaked, through and through.

I did learn a few things.....it's best to take your sunglasses off it you want to see in the rain, rain booties would probably be a good investment, my rain jacket does keep my dry, and now a day later, it takes a long time for soaking wet shoes to dry out....

So, with 11 days to go here I sit, watching it rain again in AZ, but I'm wimping out today, staying dry, figuring that I'll probably have many more chances to ride in the rain over the next couple of months....

1 comment:

  1. Im jealous, I have been sick and not as well trained as I would have
    liked
    catch you soon
    karen cooper

    ReplyDelete