Sunday, February 28, 2010

Around the mountain again.....6 days to go....

Saturday was the last ride with "The Ladies" before the big adventure. We rode 46 miles around South Mountain again....it was a perfect ride. The weather cooperated, not to cold, not to hot, and more importantly no rain!

We rode at a very steady pace, I've been wanting to try this...just holding it at 14mph rather than pushing for a faster pace. The last time we did this ride, I pushed 17 - 18 on the back side of the mountain then I just crashed on the front side.....so I was very pleased, this time the steady pace kept me strong....it was great!

So upon arriving home, I announced myself fit.....and ready for the long ride. The icing of the cake of day was the "Blessing of the Bike" and the journey by our pastor at Saturday night service. I now know that I am fit, and covered under God's protection and ready to ride....now if Thursday would only get here!

No comments:

Post a Comment