Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hill training......

Today I started Wednesday hill climbing training with my friend LaVerne, or as I call her, my coach. We tackled the Road to San Juan 6 miles down, then 6 miles up. I wish it would have been the other way around!

The spinning works, and I was able to climb with more ease than ever before. I will never get to a point where I love the hills, but I will get to a point where I can do it.....

I'm looking forward to Wednesday's now, adding an additional day of training....I can't believe we're counting down...30 days...it's time to get a packing list started, making sure my bike is in tip top shape....new shoes....rain jacket...lots of things to do.

I'm going to kick back with shorter rides this weekend and friends are here from out of town to help celebrate my 50th birthday on Monday. 50....1/2 a century....

No comments:

Post a Comment