Friday, January 8, 2010

57 Days and Counting......

Took a much needed ride this morning, I know I've said this before but sunrise over Ahwatukee is beautiful. Today as I was climbing the 5th avenue incline, I was imagining being somewhere else....uncharted territory between San Diego and St. Augustine...a new hill that I had never conquered before. I must admit, I got goose bumps, thinking about new and exciting challenges. There will be many wonderful things about this adventure but one of the most exciting to me is that all will be new everyday....never taking the same road twice...I am so looking forward to that!

I have learned from my riding companions who have researched such things that day one out of San Diego we climb 2,000. while I approach that with trepidation, I am also comforted that I have done that (well almost, 1,800 ft.) before. Twice in fact. Once from N. Scottsdale to the Bartlett Lake cutoff and once to the towers in the South Mountain preserve. I think I can do it..... counting down the days....

No comments:

Post a Comment