Thursday, January 14, 2010

The great debut....

I got the first ride in today with my new seat! Wow! A Brooks saddle, it was like sitting on a freshly polished church pew, lots of slipping and sliding...it was great, I think this will go down as a wise choice. I am still a bit nervous about making such a big change so close to the ride....

It was one of those "this is why we live in Arizona days" The first time I was able to wear shorts and not long pants and short sleeves in weeks.....it was just glorius.

So, I took a little spin from Javelina, down Frye, to Pecos, out to 17th Ave, then to Chandler. I took the right turn on Chandler as I have done so many times in the past, but today I pedaled past 5th Ave...basking in the sun, and as I rounded a corner, there it was a HUGE incline. As I caught my breath and thought "where did this come from" I remembered a little voice in my head (LaVerne saying one day, "If I let you keep going straight on Chandler, instead of turning on 5th Ave. you would kill me") So, I decied to use it as a teachable moment, and keep on riding, knowing that on the trip, there will probalby be many times when we round corners, and a HUGE incline appears. So, I just kept on riding and pretended to be in New Mexico.......

No comments:

Post a Comment