Friday, October 2, 2009

Connections

Today as I was pedaling my way around Ahwatukee, my thoughts turned to connections. Thinking about simple connections, like my foot resting on the pedal, then more complex connections - like my connection to my community. My mind suddenly wandered off in many directions about connections (and again almost missed my turn). One that came first to my mind was the connection between my parents. They've been connected more than 60 years, and as I watch the demon dementia taking the mind of the mother I've known for almost 50 years, I wonder about her loss of connection to my father and her world. I then began to think about old connections and new connections; intentional connections and haphazard connections.......then I realized it felt good to be connected and I determined to grow and continue down this path, on the road (literally) to more centered in my community and yes to be MORE connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment