Tuesday, October 27, 2009

MILESTONE......I changed a tire....

The thing every biker dreads....flat tire! As you all know I did get a flat tire on Friday while riding with my sister, but I just called for back up and my fabulous husband came and got me. Well, I would like to ride tomorrow, so I needed to fix my tire. So, a very patient husband watched and gave advice. I know it must have been very hard for him to watch me struggle....taking off the wheel, taking off the tire, taking out the tube, putting in the tube....I'll admit, I did let him help a bit. But, the one thing I can do now, all by myself is pump up the tire, which I did. Flat tires are not fun, and not easy, and you never get used to them, and they never go fast....so I've heard from experienced bikers. Hopefully a while longer before I have to change another flat!

1 comment:

  1. I went into the Southern Tier ride with WomanTours in 2007 and had never changed a tire! However, you will learn very quickly, and amazingly, you will get GOOD at changing them! Have fun. I will be following your journal!

    ReplyDelete