Monday, October 12, 2009

Up Hill and Down.........

This past week and week-end was a struggle on the bike and off the bike. Saturday I rode with The Ladies, we did nine-mile hill. The name of the ride says it all. The 44 mile total ride included, you guessed it NINE MILE HILL. The ride was not only a struggle because of the grade, but saturday morning was the first time since I've started training, that I really didn't want to get up and get on the bike. Mind over matter forced me on the road, and I did love the feeling at the top of the hill and then wheeeeee!!! all the way down.

Sunday morning I struggled as well getting out to do the 30 mile ride with Charlie and friends....again I was glad that mind over matter persevered. But the doubt started...can I really complete this monumental task I have set myself to do? Will people donate to the cause, will I find the sponsors that I need....I don't know the answers, so today, I just hope that tomorrow, I want to get back on the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment