Monday, October 19, 2009

So, I waited for my sister......probably not a good idea.....

On Saturday, instead of the early morning ride out of the Tribe in Scottsdale, I decided to wait for my sister to be finished with grandkid duties so we could ride together. It's such a rare treat for us to both be in the same town.....well, summer has returned to the valley, so when we started out about noon, it was getting hot....by the time we were finished it was 105 on our patio, not a good thing. In fact, it was so bad, I hit the wall less than two miles from home. Just sat right down by the side of the road, in the shade, and on an ant hill. Even when they started crawling and biting....I just sat. After a bit, I decided to get up and try to make it home....I sarted swaying, and went down again, into the ants....pulled out my cell phone, called Paul, and the ride was over for me. Of course that fabulous older sister, just kept riding and made it home. I'm hoping that 30 miles in the heat is equal to 60 miles in the cool! I need the miles.....

No comments:

Post a Comment