Sunday, December 6, 2009

Yet another Sunday Ride....

Today as usual I joined the training rides for the AZ MS 150 ride in March. We started in north Phoenix and headed up to Cave Creek. I was a bit tentative about the day, since I pushed so hard yesterday, I was concerned that I could not continue my sucess from yesterday. As we started out I felt great, and was holding a high cadence (tip from last week) and a good speed. However, as we continued on the ride, I began to struggle. Then got a bit spooked as I was struggling in the low teens on what appeared to be the flat. After 19 miles (bringing up the rear as usual) we regrouped, stopped with the SAG then headed back 19 miles. My struggle on the way out soon became apparent. We were climbing a grade the whole way out....needless to say, the return was much quicker at a faster pace, ended up with an average speed of 13.7....feeling good..... faith restored....looking forward to March...

No comments:

Post a Comment