Sunday, December 20, 2009

Hard work....

While I've been slacking a bit due to holidays...I did manage to get in 100 miles this past week. Friday morning I rode with The Ladies around Ahwatukee and did manage to get some hills in, including 5th Ave. and 17th Ave. I was pleased with my progress in spinning and am so grateful to Charlie for the tip....

Saturday brought another "Ladies Ride" this time we did the Tempe Ironman Course (not all 112 miles) but one of the loops. This was challenging, but the best part was riding with my sister, my riding buddy for the big trip. She was glad to be on the bike again since weather in Philadelphia hasn't been that cooperative....

The BIG RIDE was today (Sunday). I conquered "the towers" for readers familiar with the valley, you can see the South Mountain towers from every part of the valley. I rode from 48th and Warner to the top of South Mountain. The stepest part of the climb, from the base of the mountain in the park to the top was only 5 miles or so, but in that 5 miles we climbed 1800 ft. I'm sure this is great training, but I'm tired...so just chilling out, watched some great football (go Eagles!) and now watching my hero James Bond....

No comments:

Post a Comment