Monday, November 30, 2009

In the presence of greatness......

Sunday's riding experience was humbling to say the least. When I showed up at the Bagle Nosh for the regular Sunday ride, I discovered that my riding buddies for the day were two Tour de Tucson riders who completed the 109 miles in less than 5 hours and an IRON MAN, who had just completed a week ago. With much trepidation I started the ride. At least my meter was working! The guys were kind, and let me take short cuts so I could stay with them (at least at the meet points) If I though I had pushed myself on Saturday, well this was even worse! I did thoughoughly enjoy the ride, it was a pleaseure to be amount such greatness. I did have a new personal best of maximum speed, 35.8 MPH and an overall average speed of 13.4 which I believe is a personal best as well. The clock is ticking to March 2, 2010 the beginning of the big trip....will I be ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment